Knoxville’s First Jewish Community Newsletter
In the midst of World War II, Knoxville’s Jewish Community Center (it would not be named the “Arnstein Jewish Community Center” until the 1960’s) began publishing a mostly-monthly newsletter, The Center Menorah. One of its initial main goals was to keep local Jewish servicemen serving around the world abreast of local events while informing the local community of news of its members in the armed forces. As noted in the January 1944 issue, The Center Menorah would:
- report news of local Jewish interest
- champion all worthy causes
- unite Knoxville Jewry toward communal advancements
- take local news to our boys all over the world.