Heska Amuna Synagogue has served the Jewish community of Knoxville, Tennessee for over 100 years. We balance respect for tradition with openness to new ideas and practices.
Our congregation comes together as a family in the warmth of Shabbes, the spirituality of Jewish holy days, and the sharing of life’s important passages.
We are small enough to be personal, but large enough to meet the many needs of a diverse membership. We emphasize education and pride ourselves on the skills of our adult lay leadership and on the accomplishments of our youth.
Heska Amuna Reopening Update The committee of Frank Floyd, Martha Iroff, Marty Iroff, Marilyn Burnett, Markus Eisenbach, and Beverly Wilcox have now formulated a plan for reopening the shul. Details:
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all services and programming are virtual. However, we are connecting DAILY with our community for services, adult classes and talks, podcasts, meditations, sermons, and live chats. People without internet can listen by phone. Click *here* for our schedule of services and classes. (Please contact our office at 865-522-0701 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.)
Ongoing Services and Classes
- Mondays 4:00 pm – Minyan and Torah Chat
- Tuesdays 8:00 pm – Minyan
- Wednesdays 6:30 pm – Minyan
- Wednesdays 7:00 pm – Daf Yomi Talmud Study
- Thursdays 3:00 pm – Minyan and Talmud Chat
- Fridays Noon – Mindfulness Practice
- Fridays 6:30 pm – Kabbalat Shabbat Service
- Saturdays 10:00 am – Shabbat Morning Service
- Saturdays 11:45 am – Torah Study